Monday, May 16, 2011

White Castle Recipe

Yesterday I told you about...
White Castle


Well, today I thought I'd let you know how you can make them at home!?!

These are really close to the real thing!?!
My husband was in heaven!?!
They're great for dinner, snacks, or even taking on the road!?!
I'm not real fond of White Castle myself but the husband gobbles these up!?!

Note: To freeze: Assemble hamburgers less the condiments.
Flash freeze, wrap in plastic wrap, put in a ziplock bag and label.

To heat: Microwave until heated through!?!


Here is the recipe!?!
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
1 (4 tablespoon) envelopes onion soup mix
1 eggs
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
24 small square dinner rolls
American cheese (optional)
pickles (optional)
Sauce:
1/2 cup mustard
1/2 cup ketchup

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Hamburgers: Mix first 6 ingredients and press into an ungreased 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan.
3. Prick with a fork.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Drain off juices (if there's a lot of excess).
6. Cool.
7. Cut into 24 squares.
8. Place squares on dinner rolls.
9. Combine mustard and ketchup and spread on rolls.
10. Top with pickles and cheese, if desired


Today I am thankful that I cook things that make my husband happy!?!

No comments: