Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fly with Angels - Chance!?!


Almost a year ago a shared with a blog I wrote in 2008 entitled...
Chance Tobin Rodgers
It was about an amazing young man I learned about on a trucking radio site on XM radio who had cancer...his grandfather Papa Jim was a fellow truck driver -&- he was telling us of Chance's story!?!
And, then we were given a place to go to follow Chance's story -&- send notes of encouragement...which I did!?!
Chance luckily went into remission for awhile -&- even after all he went through wasAlign Center having a pretty great life!?!
But we all know that Cancer is a beast -&- earlier this year it reappeared with a vengeance!?!
And, Chance finally sum came to the disease early Saturday morning!?!

He touched so many lives -&- will be missed by A LOT of people!?!

Click here to read what his Grandma Annie posted about his last few months!?!

Although I'd been following his mother Jenny's post on Caring Bridge -&- knew the end was near...I never knew it would hit me so hard when I read these words
"Chance passed peacefully in his sleep this morning around 3:30.
He is no longer in pain, but is in Heaven with his God."

So, when you are saying your prayers can you please say an extra prayer for all of
Chance's family -&- friends...I am sure they could really use them now!?!

"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love." Leo Buscaglia
Today I am thankful for the power of prayer -&- that even though we may not notice it right away...it does have the power to heal!?!

No comments: