Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chance Tobin Rodgers

*This post was from the first blog I ever started -but- didn't follow through with!?! There were a few good post there -but- this story was one I knew I had to share all you here!?!*

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chance Tobin Rodgers

Meet...Chance Rodgers!


As you all know I am new to blogging myself but that doesn't mean I haven't been keeping up on other peoples blogs / journals & the most important one of those has been the journal of Mr. Chance Tobin Rodgers...
Here is his story:

"My name is Chance. I am 12 years old and going to be in the 7th grade. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in October, 2007. I want to be a truck driver like my Papa Rodgers when I grow up. I like to go to the ocean on vacations and go camping. I like to ride my dirt bike, too. My favori te place to be is on the truck with my Papa. I draw pictures all the time - trucks, submarines, ships - with lots of detail. I play the saxophone and also want to learn piano and the guitar. Thanks for visiting my site!" ---Chance

I have been blessed enough to be following his story for quite a bit now & let me be honest with you...I have laughed....I have cried but most all... I have been completely & utterly amazed that when handed the circumstances this family has they remain optimist & strong amidst the struggles...how can they do that you wonder...because they have put the problems in the right place..."the ha nds of God" ...they have an unbelievable faith base there that cannot be compared to many I have seen in recent days! So, if you want to receive a blessing & be one of your own...please visit Chance's blog (his mom Jennifer does most of the entries) & let him that you are thinking about h im! Ask yourself this...if you were 12 years old (very soon to be 13) would you handle yourself even half as well? Here is his journal site...please visit it & above all be a blessing: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/chancerodgers Have a great day!
And after you visit...let me know what a blessing it was to you!
God's Speed!?!

Today I am thankful for God putting Chance in my life - because reading what him -&- his family have to go through makes me appreciate what I have more!?!


No comments: