Thursday, October 7, 2010

I was the Keebler Elf!?!

...I was the Keebler Elf

...this may or may not shock you
-but-
although I have not played the Keebler Elf on TV...
I have done some guest appearances for him at a grocery store or two in my time!?!
I mean lets get real Ernie has a lot of
resposibilites
-&-
committments
-&-
can't be expected to be in two, three or four places at once!?!
So even he has to call in recruits to cover for him
-&-
now you can say that you know who one of them has been!?!

See during my senior year of high school I did a lot of jobs on the weekends which people refer to you as demonstrators!?!
I was one of those people who'd politely asked you
"Would you like to try a free sample of (insert product name here)"
-&-at the same time hand you a coupon for that same item!?!
And, I'd have to say it was a pretty interesting job
-&-
the pay wasn't half bad for a kid my age!?!
Then one week I got "the" call...a Kalamazoo area store was having a Grand Opening
-&-
it was going to be one big party!?!
So I said "what do you have in mind for me"
Then I heard those magic words...
"Would you be willing to be in costume as the Keebler Elf"
-&-
there it was my moment in the spotlight...
my 15 minutes of fame!?!
I have to admit it was fun - the kids loved me
-but-
then again who wouldn't love an adorable life sized Elf
who was giving out free chocolate covered cookies!?!

So, there you have it - you heard it here first...
...I was Ernie the Keebler Elf!?!



No comments: