Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tornados...April 27, 2011



Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - the South saw the second deadliest single-day tornado outbreak in U.S. history!?!

By early this morning, emergency management officials tallied 254 deaths in Alabama, 34 in Tennessee, 33 in Mississippi, 15 in Georgia, 5 in Virginia and 1 in Arkansas -&- officials are still counting deaths today as many are still unaccounted for!?!

CNN has done a great job of covering the story -&- for from them please go HERE!?!


Here is a video someone was able to take of the tornado hitting Tuscaloosa, AL!?!




Here is a video someone was able to take of the tornado hitting Birmingham, AL!?!



There was tornadoes ALL over the South that day
-but-
another one that hit VA really hit close to my heart for a couple of reasons!?!

Being on the road with my husband - I was totally in shock when I heard a truck stop had been affected by the tornadoes as well
-&-
then learning that over
40 tractor trailers we just picked -&- tossed like toys...that made me cringe!?!

But when I learned that my BFF - Blair who is also truck driver
was in that area...my heart sank not knowing at that moment how she was
-or-
exactly where she was at...just knowing she was close!?!

Later after finally getting in contact with her I learned she
had stopped 9 miles from the truck stop that had been hit...
she said the storm was bad -but- she was okay!?!

On here way through she was able to get a lot of first hand
pictures of the devastation in VA
-&-
posted them on our FB trucking page
Road Talk...
-&-
can be viewed by clicking on this LINK!?!

(Aerial view of the Petro Truck Stop in VA 0n I - 81 @ Exit 29)


Here is a video another driver took:



Today I am thankful that my BFF Blair is safe...I'd really be lost without her!?!

No comments: