Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Red Vines




Ever since I was a little kid I have always loved Licorice -&- still do to this day!?!
Most days you'd find me running around with the most common brand known as Twizzlers
-but-
recently I have found a brand that I enjoy even more...
Red Vines!?!

Red Vines is a brand of candy manufactured in Union City, California by the American Licorice Company. Red Vines Original Red twists, sometimes known as 'red licorice', resemble American black licorice except that they are red and do not have flavor extracted from the roots of the liquorice plant. The original Red Vines were raspberry-flavored, but in 1952, with a slight formula change, the Red Vines Original Red Twist flavor was introduced.

I can't really tell you how they compare to Twizzlers
-but-
I can tell you why I prefer them over Twizzlers!?!
The first reason I guess I prefer them better is because they are not as sweet or overpowering as I feel Twizzlers are!?!
Also, I enjoy the larger -&- chewier texture that Red Vines have to offer!?!
Although I am not sure what "flavor" red they are going for - all I can say is that they have a delicious red taste!?!

So next you have a craving for Licorice -&- wanna try something new - grab some Red Vines...give them a try -&- let me know what you think!?!



Also, well researching the information about Licorice - I also learned the history about it -&- found it quite interesting...I thought you may find it interesting below - so I shared here with you as well!?!


History of Licorice:

King Tut, Alexander the Great, Roman Emperor Caesar and now, you! Licorice root has been prized for its rich flavor and appreciated for its natural properties for over 3,000 years. In fact, the name "liquorice" or "licorice" is derived from the Old French licoresse and the Ancient Greek work glukurrhiza, meaning "sweet root." How sweet it is!

This perennial licorice root herb has reportedly been used for centuries in Eastern and Western medicine for peptic ulcers, sore throats and coughs. Lucky for everyone, it also makes delicious candy.

We're happy to carry on the age-old tradition of this powerful, historical, and enchanting confection.

No comments: