Friday, November 19, 2010

Yahtzee...

Yahtzee!?!

I ♥ this game!?!
I have re found it after all these years on Pogo
-&-
I am loving me some Yahtzee!?!
I don't know if it is the game as much as it is the memories that I get while playing it!?!
My grandma Mildred Knight, my dad's mom, loved her some Yahtzee as well
-&-
from the time that I could sit at the table
-&-
roll the dice I was her little Yahtzee playing buddy!?!
Grandma also had a life long friend named Gladys Ripley whom us kids affectionately called Aunt Gladys (I am sure you all have a few of them yourselves)
-&-
when her-&- her husband, Uncle Lloyd, were there for a visit...
we had Yahtzee Tournaments while the men fished!?!
I am not talking a game or two...I am talking all day -&- night...
just breaking for cooking -&- eating meals...doing dishes -&- the occasional snacks!?!
Other than that it was play, baby, play!?!
And, now that I think back on it Yahtzee was more than a game...it was actually a learning experience cuz Grandma told me when I was about 3 that I had to learn to count for myself if I wanted to continue to play!?!
Which I learned -&- quite quickly I might add...because when I entered Kindergarten at the age of 4 (thanks to a persistent mother) I was doing all the other kid's Math work!?!
SCORE!?!
Anyhow, now I have the game online...&...I am loving it!?!
Anybody wanna play some...
YAHTZEE!?!

No comments: