Friday, August 26, 2011

Team: No Limits

Even though they didn't win "Expedition Impossible" they did win my praise, my respect -&- my awe!?!
If you watched the show then you should all know who I am talking about "No Limits"!?!
Even after what most people (including me) perceived as "limits" in the beginning...they did awesome -&- came in a close 2nd behind the very awesome guys "The Gypsy's"
(my 2nd favorites...especially after the phone call!?!)

TEAM: NO LIMITS♥(Erik Weihenmayer, Aaron "Ike" Isaacson, -&- Jeff Evans)♥

Erik Weihenmayer, Age: 42
From: Golden, CO
Occupation: Motivational Speaker/Writer

Jeff Evans, Age 41
From: Boulder, CO
Occupation: Motivational Speaker/Physician Assistant

Aaron "Ike" Isaacson, Age 33
From: Topeka, KS
Occupation: Soldier

"Friends Erik, Jeff and Ike stick together during both good times and bad. Erik became blind at an early age but didn't let that get him down. In 2001, he reached the summit of Mount Everest. Jeff serves as Erik's "eyes in the field." He has been Erik's primary climbing guide for over 20 years and is a published author and motivational speaker. Ike is a combat engineer officer in the military, earning two Bronze Star Medals, a Purple Heart and an Army Commendation Medal, among others. He has served in Iraq and Afghanistan and will deploy again to Afghanistan after completing Expedition Impossible!?!"

I'll be honest I was hooked on these guys since the first episode
-but-
probably like a lot of other people out there I didn't think they had a chance because of Erik...boy did he shock the hell out of me!?!
Then after seeing him in action with Jeff leading the way ... I was like damn they compete better than a lot of "sighted" people I know!?!
And, later in the competition after Ike's injury...I was brought to tears
-but-
to see him push through -&- preserve made me even prouder of
Team: No Limits...because they lived up to their name!?!
And, it wasn't just me ... you could see the respect the other teams had for them...whether it was said aloud or showed by the fear they had for them!?! AMAZING is all I have to say about Team: No Limits!?!

If you didn't get a chance to watch the show when it was airing...you won't be disappointed if you still see it now!?!
Just go to Hulu.com -&- search for "Expedition Impossible"!?!


Today I am thankful that I've learned that I need to look beyond people preconceived "limits" -&- let them show me what their limits truly are!?!

No comments: