Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Taco Soup

I am usually not one to try new things when dining in an unfamiliar restaurant
-but-
the other day when we were having dinner in Tuscon, AZ - I decided to try the
"Taco Soup"!?!
The waitress described it as "being a lot like chili but with a taco flavor"!?!
I tried it -&- I fell in love!?!
Had I'd known it was that good I'd have ordered an entire bowl of it (I only got a cup)
-&- made it my entire meal!?!
After scouring the internet I think I finally found a recipe that can compare!?!
If you decide to make I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!?!



INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean ground beef -- browned and drained
2 packages taco seasoning mix
1 16oz can tomatoes with green chilies -- undrained
1 16oz can black beans -- undrained
1 16oz can corn -- undrained
1 can black olives -- chopped or sliced
1 medium onion -- chopped
1/2 bell pepper -- chopped
4 tomatillos (optional) -- chopped

DIRECTIONS
Place everything in a large crockpot, add water, if necessary, to fill.
Cook on Low for 5 or more hours until flavors are blended.
Top each bowl with a handful of shredded cheddar cheese.
Serve with sour cream, taco chips and salsa on the side.
Serves 6.Align Center
*This is also a "truck friendly" recipe for those who use crock pots*



Today I am thankful for whomever invented Taco Soup...oh, my yummy tummy!?!

No comments: