Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bananas Foster

While we were out to dinner this evening I decided to try something different for desert so I opted for the Bananas Foster!?!
I'd seen them cooked numerous times on TV
-&-
had always heard they were good - so I gave them a try!?!

I'll have to admit they are delicious - very rich
-but-
oh, so good!?!
I had mine with some Vanilla Bean ice cream
-&-
I enjoyed every bite!?!
And, I think I got a little buzz of them as well - lol!?!


So, if you want to try them at home - here ya go:


Ingredients

* 1 stick butter
* 1/2 cup brown sugar* 4 bananas peeled, halved, and cut lengthwise
* 1/4 cup dark rum

* Ice cream, optional

Directions


In a large skillet, melt butter.
Using a wooden spoon, add brown sugar and stir together.
Add the bananas and cook until caramelized on both sides, over medium-high heat.
Move pan off heat, add the rum and return to the stove to catch a flame from the gas stove
or a long lighter.
Stand back when ignited and flambe the bananas.
Be careful a flame will shoot up above the pan.
Let flame die down and the alcohol cook out.


Today I am thankful for all the different things in life that I able to experience!?!

1 comment: