Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fried Pickles!?!

FRIED PICKLES

When I first saw Fried Pickles on the menu of BW3's (Buffalo Wild Wings)!?! I thought they sounded disgusting!?! But curiosity got the best me -&- I later finally decided to just try them -&- WOW, was I glad we did!?!

They are the most unusual things, but surprisingly very tasty!?! They are a bit addictive too.. we'd find ourselves talking about going to BW3's just to get the pickles!?!
So I figured out a recipe so I could make them at home...of course, they are not as good as what I got from the restaurant but sadly they stopped serving them awhile ago but that did not stop my hankering
for them!?!

Here is my version of the recipe!?!

Enjoy
Ingredients:
1 pint sliced dill pickles, undrained
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika Vegetable oil
Directions:
Drain pickles, reserving 2/3-cup pickle juice.
Press pickles between paper towels.
Combine 2/3 cup pickle juice, egg, 1 tablespoon flour, and hot sauce.
Stir well and set aside.
Combine 1 1/2 cups flour with ground red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and paprika.
Blend well.
Dip pickles in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture.
Fry coated pickles in 375-degree oil until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
For dipping you can use anything that suits your fancy...but...a few of my favorite recommendations are Ranch, Honey Mustard or every Horsey Sauce...
to each there own I guess!


Today I am thankful for all the variety that life has to offer!?!

No comments: