Monday, February 28, 2011

Suicide!?!

I know what you are thinking that is a damn eerie topic to blog about -&- you are right it is...but...I got a message from a very close friend of mine, Patrick, this afternoon telling me that his nephew "decided to check out last night"

It really started me thinking about this subject...
the first question is always...why?!?!

Did they feel they were a bad pers
on, or crazy, or weak, or flawed -&- therefore became suicidal?!? And, even if you are all of these things it doesn’t even mean that you really want to die - it only means that you have more pain than you can cope with right now!?!
If I start piling weights on your shoulders, you will eventually collapse if I add enough weights... no matter how much you want to remain standing!?!
Willpower has nothin
g to do with it!?!
It is a state of mind -&- being!?!
I guess some people often turn to suicide because they are seeking relief from pain!?!
Remember that relief is a feeling!?!
And you have to b
e alive to feel it!?!
You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, if you are dead!?!
Honestly, there have been a few times in my life when I, myself thought about doing just this same thing...I even tried it I guess you can say with some over the counter sleeping pills...but they obviously did not work
-&-
I thank God everyday because there is obviously a reason that I am still here
!?!
And, also in my opinion (and this is just my opinion) the Church holds that the deliberate taking of one's life as an act of despair is a mortal sin
-&-
therefore puts the soul int
o great peril, i.e. damnation!?!

This alone for those of us whom are believers should rethink this...is eternal damnation worth it?!?!
NO!?!
Believe me it is not
the answer!?!
But I am sure that my friend Patrick -&- his family have been
immersed in grieving!?!
The shocking events that brought about their family members death still have the power to shock!?! I am sure the big question foremost in most people’s minds seems to be why God would allow this tragedy to come into their lives on top of the other trials and losses they have experienced!?!
But this what not something that God let happen it was something that done by a mortal man! All this being said
...I wish only the best for Patrick & his family during this troubling time...&...in closing here are a few words I hope will add some comfort...

You can shed tears that he is gone...
Or you can smile because he lived!?!
You can close your eyes -&- pra
y that he will come back...
Or you can open your eyes -&- see all that he has left!?!
Your heart can be empty because you can't see him...
Or you can be full of the love that you shared!?!
You can turn your back on tomorrow -&- live in yesterday...
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday!?!
You can remember him -&- only that he is gone...
Or you can cherish his memory -&- let it live on!?!
You can cry -&- close your min
d be empty -&- turn your back...

Or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes, love -&- go on!?!

R.I.P Nick...much peace on your journey!?!

Today I am thankful for God's saving grace!?!

No comments: