Saturday, December 11, 2010

Church Windows Candies

This next recipe has to be MY all time favorite holiday treat...
I have never really been a big sweets eater -but- when it comes to these I can't put them down...I have to pull myself away from them before I make myself sick!?!

You are probably also wondering why the are called Church Windows...
it is because if you take a good look at them...

-&-
at a Church Window you will see a similar resemblance!?!

I, myself think it is because they taste just heavenly - lol :)

CHURCH WINDOWS CANDIES

1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
1 stick butter
1 pkg. Kraft colored marshmallows

Melt chocolate chips and butter (in the microwave) or in top of double boiler.
When completely melted, remove from heat and beat until cool.
Add marshmallows in a folding motion.
Drop on sheets of waxed paper or aluminum foil and form into logs (should make 2-3 logs).
Refrigerate until chilled.
Slice before serving.

Options:
Sprinkle 1 cup coconut of crushed nuts on waxed paper before forming logs - this will make a delicious outside coating!?!

No comments: