Sunday, December 12, 2010

Love Thy Enemies

While I was reading my devotion yesterday morning in...
"Our Daily Bread" by RBC Ministries
it reminded me how much easier it is to hate or dislike someone than it is to pray for them!?!


The Bible says in Matthew 5:44 (KJV)...But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you;

I know we all have people like that in our lives - people who have cursed us, used us -&- even persecuted us...but...what good it is doing us...having a heart full of hate only causes us disregard -&- unneeded stress in a world that is already full of it!?!


So, my suggestion to myself -&- to you is...if you have someone or something in your past or in your life now that you despise or even hate...let it go -&- just PRAY for them!?! It will make you feel a whole lot better -&- I am sure they could use the prayers as well!?!

No comments: