Friday, January 28, 2011

Challenger - 25 Years Later



Do you remember where you were the day that the Challenger Exploded live on TV...I do!?!

I was 11 years old -&- in 7th grade at Three Rivers Middle School in Three Rivers, MI...we were all excited because we going to able to watch the shuttle launch live on TV that day!?!

We all gathered in one of the Science's teachers classrooms -&- watched as the count down began -&- then the shuttle launched...-&-...then the horrible explosion!?!


The teachers then immediately turned off the television while we sat that in shock...not really sure about what we just saw!?! A few moments later the teachers told us that our parents would explain to us what happened when we got home!?!

I remember feeling sad, thinking that what we saw didn't look to good!?! I also remember praying that everyone would be okay -but- knowing in my young heart that
they were probably not!?!

And, I think a lot of us in that school were in more shock that most because on of the Science teachers from our school - who stood there watching that with us...was in the running to be the teacher that that was on that shuttle...so it hit really close to home!?!

Here is a video from that day:

Remembering the Challenger’s haunting explosion


Today I am thankful for the teachers that I had as a child - without them I wouldn't be me!?!

No comments: