Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Employer...


Employee : Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?!?
Boss :Sure, come on in. What can I do for you?


Employee : Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten
years!?!
Boss : Yes.

Employee : I won't beat around the bush. Sir,
I would like a raise!?! I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first!?!


Boss : A raise?!? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time!?!


Employee : I understand your position, and I k
now that the current economic down turn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work, pro-activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade!?!

Boss : Taking into account these factors
, and considering I don't want to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a ten percent raise and an extra five days of vacation time. How does that sound?!?


Employee : Great! It's a deal!?! Thank you, sir!?!

Boss : Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?


Employee : Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the Mortgage Company!?!
Today I am thankful for my husband's job!?!

No comments: